2501 Gaylord Street
Denver, CO 80205
Allen Ross, Board Chair
DHHA was founded in 1923, when four Dominican Sisters, all nurses, arrived in Denver to care for the city’s sick and poor residents. In 1989, the Dominican Sisters of the Sick Poor turned management and governance over to a local all-volunteer board of directors.
DHHA serves low-income seniors and disabled in Denver, Arapahoe, Adams and Jefferson counties. Borders are 104th Ave. to the north, I-225 to the east, Belleview to the south and Simms to the west.
To provide quality nursing care and related services to the sick in their homes. We give priority to the poor, foster the integrity of family life and assist the elderly and chronically ill to stay at home. We provide these services without regard to the origin, creed or other status of the individual. We will protect the life of all people. We are prepared to adapt to the changing needs of the community and those we serve.
1. In-Home Nursing Program:
1) Skilled Nursing Care – RNs provide health assessments, nursing interventions, medication management,
case management, a nurse-led exercise program and emergency nutritious food;
2) Personal Care – CNAs provide assistance with activities of daily living including bathing and dressing.
2. Wellness Clinics at low-income senior housing sites provide prevention and early intervention nursing services.
3. Durable Medical Equipment Loan Program provides a wide-range of adaptive equipment loans such as wheelchairs and walkers to enhance mobility and self-sufficiency for our patients as well as others in the community with limited resources.
Events and Opportunities
Dominican Derby Gala
April 28, 2017 5:30 p.m.
Get ready for the Kentucky Derby by attending the 5th Annual Dominican Derby. Wear your favorite hat and enjoy mint juleps while celebrating Dominican Home Health Agency’s 93 years of service to the Denver community. Silent, Live and Paddle Auctions raise money for the lifesaving healthcare for our community’s most vulnerable seniors. Various levels of sponsorships are available ranging from $500 to $25,000. For more details and to register, visit www.dominicanderby.org
The GIVE65 Event
July 11–13, 2017
The GIVE65 Event is the first-ever 65-hour crowd-fundraising event for nonprofits serving seniors and takes place from July 11th through the 13th. Participating organizations compete for fundraising awards. In 2016, DHHA won $10,000 for securing the highest number of donors in its budget category! GIVE65 is a program of Home Instead Senior Care Foundation. Visit www.GIVE65.org to learn more.
• Are you a nurse? DHHA seeks volunteer RNs to provide care for seniors living in low-income housing.
• Do you enjoy gardening? DHHA needs help with lawn, garden and landscaping needs.
• Are you a handy man or woman? DHHA needs assistance with painting, carpentry and building maintenance of our historic property.
• Do you like to fix things? DHHA needs volunteers to make repairs in our Durable Medical Equipment workshop.
• Are you a group, community organization or corporation looking for a rewarding team-building opportunity? DHHA can provide that!
Other volunteer opportunities include:
• Be a Friendly Visitor by making visits to homebound patients and brightening their lives!
• Join the Development or Event Committee and help DHHA raise money to keep its vital mission alive!
• Be an Ambassador and invite 8-10 people for a tour at DHHA!
Please contact Ingrid Wicker, DHHA Director of Operations, to discuss volunteering with DHHA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-322-1413 x16. The volunteer application can be accessed at www.dominicanhha.org/resources/files/volunteer_application.pdf.
Colorado Gives Day
Community First Foundation and FirstBank presents Colorado Gives Day on the first Tuesday of December. This annual statewide movement celebrates and increases philanthropy in Colorado through online giving. The $1 Million Incentive Fund created by the partners is one of the largest gives-day incentive funds in the country, stretching each gift made to Colorado participating nonprofits. Go to www.coloradogives.org/cogivesday for more information.
Leave a Legacy
DHHA has established the Mother Mary Walsh Society to honor donors who contribute to the agency’s work through a planned gift. When you name Dominican Home Health Agency in your will, or as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, IRA, CD or other securities or assets, you help ensure the future work of the agency and the patients we continue to serve. Contact Gigi Stewart, Director of Development, at email@example.com or 303-322-1413 x12.
Durable Medical Equipment
DHHA seeks donations of gently used wheelchairs, walkers, bath benches, hospital beds, etc. for its Durable Medical Equipment Loan Program. Equipment is cleaned and then loaned out to community members in need. For a list of items we accept, go to www.dominicanhha.org/you_can_help/DME.pdf. DME Program Hours: M, W, F 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Patricia Tobin Vickery
Scott Bialecki, Esq.
Carolyn Ackerman, Ed.D, MS, RN, CHPN
Fr. Michael C. DeSciose
Fr. Thomas Jost, SJ
Mary Morroni, Esq.
John Prevedel, MD
Fr. David Wright, OP